FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Tier Point Runs | 2018 master thread
View Single Post
Old Jul 10, 2018, 11:34 pm
Lefly

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Originally Posted by SkyTeem
For Bucharest, I would make a suggestion that you consider the Crowne Plaza or some hotel other than the RIN Airport Hotel. I think you'll be surprised at how inexpensive even the best hotels are in Bucharest, as well as taxis/ubers (you collect your uber across the road from the arrivals hall, on the top floor of the car park; taxis are ordered from a yellow kiosk on either side of the arrivals door just outside customs). The Crowne Plaza is not too far, maybe a 15 min drive down what is in all practicality a motorway.
If it's only for the night between BA884 arriving 00:15, and BA885 departing 8:30 am, IMO the hotel doesn't really worth the hassle. I used the RIN and due immigration queue and to shuttle times, I managed 3.50 hr sleeping.

Originally Posted by SkyTeem
I also have stayed at the Hilton Helsinki Airport, and it is quite nice, and quite an easy walk under a covered walkway from arrivals. Just follow the signs, the only tricky part is that half-way through the walk, you go up one floor in a lift or stairs. It's well marked though, and simple and safe. I even did it in January without a jacket.
For Helsinki, if again it's a short night stay with the 23.30 arrival (usually 20 min late) and the 7:35 or 8:00 departure I would skip the expensive hotels and take advantage of the GoSleep Pods. You then can shower and change in the non-Schengen Finnair Lounge.

Of course if layovers are greater an hotel makes sense