FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking, 21 to 24 June 2018 on iberia.com
Old Jul 10, 2018, 8:26 pm
cruisr

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Originally Posted by RyanPerkins
I know, I know, don't put too much weight on the call center; but, just wanted to report my call and what they said this evening.

I'm still waiting on avios to post to my partner's account (both the unlocked account and inconsistencies email rcvd) I didnt mention either on the call.

I called and just asked "can you check on the avios that were supposed to post to conf #xyz123 ?" The agent looked up the tix and then explained that they locked thousands of accounts (duh) and they're now going through the process of verifying the account holders as they had "thousands" of fake accounts. Once accounts are verified, they are planning on posting avios. I asked how long before they post, and he said that "as of now, it should be less than 2 weeks."

Take this for what it's worth as it was just from call center rep, but sounds hopeful.

i would not believe anything an Iberia call center agent told me. There have been enough inconsistencies reported in this and other threads to prove they will say whatever will get you off the phone quickly. Iberia does not know the meaning of customer service.