FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "Horny" Passenger Allegedly Molested Women on UA Flight
Old Jul 10, 2018, 8:17 pm
Aussienarelle

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
Originally Posted by laxmillenial
... If it was not, then again, I wonder why she would sit and endure it.

Would you just sit there?

I understand people are victims. Whether or not there was an empty seat, if the Fedex Pilot did what he did, it's wrong. But why sit there and make yourself a victim even longer? Is that what you would want your daughter to do? It's like, why not move yourself AND report it / raise a ruckus?
Have you even listened to many of the victims in the MeToo movement? This event happened in 2016. Women felt powerless. The FedEx in this alleged incident kept trying to make the woman be okay with it. I really hope neither you nor a family member suffer a sexual assault. What have you shared with your daughter?

She did not just sit there she approached the FA and was told to sit back down in her seat and discuss it with the person assaulting her.

You're placing the blame in the wrong place, and while your viewpoint continues in the broader community victims of sexual assault will continue to feel it is their fault. Place the blame on the right person. The FedEx pilot is alleged to have stated they were both horny (because he is a man and can obviously read the mind of an attractive woman!)

I hope she wins her civil lawsuit. We need more of these so victims know the rest of us believe them and do not think the behavior is acceptable.

I do feel passionate about this issue - I know too many victims that feel powerless and that people blame them for the fact they were sexually assaulted.