FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking, 21 to 24 June 2018 on iberia.com
Old Jul 10, 2018, 6:24 pm
meehgz

Originally Posted by Repooc17
DOT in which jurisdiction? Don't say US, because there is nothing the US DOT can do.
Per previous posts:

Originally Posted by pushmyredbutton
[US DOT] intervened and stepped up in the past when I had tickets that didn't touch the US but were botched by a US-based OTA... Not saying anything will come of it, but it's one more avenue to explore.
Originally Posted by n301dp
Refresher for everyone: one of the few things that the media and the airlines pay attention to in the US is the monthly DOT complaint report. If you are a US-based flyer who booked your ticket on the US site, I strongly suggest you file a report here:

https://www.transportation.gov/airco...umer-complaint

As a reminder, airlines must acknowledge these complaints within 30 days and send a response within 60 days per the DOT's regulations.
Originally Posted by pushmyredbutton
Considering how systematic everyone was in booking these 10 tickets, one could argue that if booked from a USA point-of-sale, filing 10 DOT complaints may be worthwhile if Iberia is in fact cancelling valid tickets without permission. Some will say that's vindictive, but Iberia needs to know that this is not okay.
Originally Posted by stephem
I've gotten pretty good compensation from a non-US airline through the US DOT for failure of that airline to honor its end of a bargain, admittedly under the current administration I don't have high hopes for that.
Originally Posted by zebranz
Maybe but the Promotion was for USA residents and on the US web site and purchased and paid in the USA. Normally I would agree with you but I am not complaining about the flights- only the promotion.

I am assuming (maybe hoping) Iberia will not want thousands of inquiries from US DOT and will not send me one of those phony inconsistency emails.
Will keep all updated as my popcorn budget is severely depleted.
Originally Posted by paladin732
I complained to Dot also about retroactively adding the additional terms preventing transfer of Avios. Dot confirmed they have counted it and I'm not waiting for a response.
Originally Posted by zebranz
Decided to be proactive since out of popcorn and I filed a DOT Complaint (hoping for some action prior to end of month). Complaint simple to file and just attached the IB promo and complaint I never received my Avios- past the 10 day period and I have submitted documentation as requested.