FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SPG Best Rate Guarantee (BRG) 2018: Success, failure & discussion thread
Old Jul 10, 2018, 3:20 pm
elvissa

Programs: EuroBonus
I don't have much luck with my BRG claims:

Hotwire has a better rate for this hotel on the days I want. When booking on Hotwire I can clearly see the name of the hotel. Also it is a fully cancellable room/offer.

First booked a 2 bed room. Hotwire price was 30 USD less per night. Request denied because they found a King room at a similar price (but still 4 USD more expensive than my booking). Was told that both bookings were for a "traditional room" and the number of beds did not matter since this would be up to the Hotel at arrival. One wonders then, why the 2 bed room is 30 USD more than the king room on the hotel's own website.

Canceled my 2 bed double and booked the cheaper king room instead. Hotwire has a price 28 USD cheaper per night for this room. Submitted a new claim. Got denied with a standard reply saying that offers on Hotwire were not comparable since the name of the hotel is not shown there. The Hotwire price I found clearly shows the name of the hotel before booking plus the rate is fully refundable.

One gets the impression that they'll use any trick in the book to avoid accepting a claim. This program does not reflect well on the Starwood brand.