FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Advice needed - assault on AA flight
View Single Post
Old Jul 9, 2018, 9:38 pm
dgcpaphd

Originally Posted by jackvogt

I'm not convinced that this was on purpose. How many times have you accidentally (seriously) banged into someone rather hard because you were unaware of them being behind you or whatever. Even if it was on purpose (in my opinion-I AM NOT AN EXPERT) I think that the friend gave up any rights to a "lawsuit" when he declined a write up. Why would AA cancel his return? Even IF they did, if this man is a seasoned traveler who is well off, wouldn't he know what to do? That seems like quite an irrational idea that writing up an incident where the man is clearly not at fault would cause him to be stranded in a "foreign county"! What could he possibly stand to gain from suing this guy? As far as I'm concerned, there were no serious injuries that required money to be spent.

"I think that the friend gave up any rights to a "lawsuit" when he declined a write up. Why would AA cancel his return?"

"Lawsuit" - - - - - - Where in the world did that come from?

I never said my friend wanted to file a lawsuit.

My friend's motive for pursuing this incident is to put AA and other authorities on alert to the bully that committed an intentional unprovoked battery of an old man.

"How many times have you accidentally (seriously) banged into someone rather hard because you were unaware of them being behind you or whatever."

It was not accidental. If you read my post, the bully was partially blocking the aisle until he saw my friend try to pass him. Then the bully backed up more to fully block my friend then forcefully elbowed my friend as my friend tried to get past him. That - is an accident? No way!

There is a good possibility the bully has already behaved with violence to others. If so, this case will merely support other possible complaints he has or had against him.

Last edited by dgcpaphd; Jul 9, 2018 at 9:48 pm