FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Luxury SUV reservation
View Single Post
Old Jul 9, 2018, 6:41 pm
Yellowjj

Originally Posted by aSiAnRiCk
Whoaaaa I was not asking for sympathy by sharing this rental experience using the Free Days cert on a Lux SUV reservation. I thought FT discussions mostly about getting something big & luxurious for very little money?
It is and they fulfilled that by offering you something big and luxurious three times, to be fair.

Though I'm curious why would National used Lincoln Navigator as an example for Luxury SUV and specifically stated "Lincoln Navigator" or similar, only to turn around by asking for an upgrade fee on said Lincoln Navigator? What's the difference between my Lux SUV experience compared to let's say you rented a minivan and National listed "Dodge Caravan or similar", only to arrive at the lot and requested to pay an upgrade fee for an actual Dodge Caravan?
My thing is not the upgrade fee. It's not communicating with the manager and dealing with any issues you had. As soon as the manager told me it would require a upgrade fee, I would ask why when it's my reserved class. Then we continue the conversation from there. Telling the manager okay regarding what he said and then going back to the counter to inquire about why you need to pay a fee seems counterproductive.

As for the Minivan scenario, I would not have been offered 3 different Caravans or similar and still be looking.

Oh yeah, I specifically stated to the station manager that I have a Lux SUV reservation when starting my conversation with him. I never ask for a free swap for the RR Sport. I only asked how much for the upgrade and that conversation was with a completely different lot attendant.

I did assumed the manager provided incorrect information at the time which is why I went to the desk agent to possibly obtain the right information to include the "possible" upgrade fee if I were to take the Navigator with my Lux SUV reservation.
Everyone makes mistakes, he could have forgotten or just heard the luxury part when you spoke to him. That goes back to my previous point of simply clarifying everything with the manager one time. Questions like, "Why do I need to pay a upgrade fee, Why can't I take certain cars one way"....etc, etc, should have been asked right there and then. I mean why not take advantage of the big boss having a conversation with you.