FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase Marriott Premier PLUS - post your upgrade offers
Old Jul 9, 2018, 6:36 pm
sdsearch
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Ramonmv
Hi,

I couldn't find a thread for this, although there must be one...

I had the Amex SPG card and the Chase Marriott Premiere card. I am SPG Gold.
I got an offer tp upgrade the Marriott card to the Premiere Plus, for about $10 more per year, getting 30k points for 1st purchase, and free night annually at a 35k or under property.
That was supposedly an upgrade from 25k property each year.
But my SPG account says I get a 35k or under property from them each year.
So di I really need the Plus card after I get the upgrade bonus 30k points?
And what will become of my SPG cards?

Thank you.
I don't know what will become of your SPG "cards" (plural), because you only listed one, and only said you "had" that one, not that you currently "have" that one. So I don't know which if any SPG card(s) you have!

The SPG business card will continue, as Amex has the right to market business cards for the new program.

No one knows what will happen to the SPG personal card, but applications for it are likely to disappear soon, as Amex apparently does not have the right to market non-business non-high-end cards for the new program. But it could "grandfather" existing SPG personal card holders, or it could sell their accounts to Chase, who knows.

The thread you may have been looking for is in the Amex forum, since the SPG cards are issued by Amex (you're currently in the Chase forum):

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...st-2018-a.html