FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Luxury SUV reservation
View Single Post
Old Jul 9, 2018, 5:41 pm
aSiAnRiCk

Programs: Cruise addict and AirBNB Plat :)
Originally Posted by dwbf11
The key words are "or similar." There could be any reason - or no reason at all - why you were not offered a Lincoln Navigator at the LAX station on a Luxury SUV reservation that originated from another station. As @Yellowjj noted above, it could be because the manager wanted to keep the Navigator for local (LAX-LAX) rentals, it could be because a VIP had asked for it and it was being held for that person, or it could be because he didn't like the shirt you had on. The point is that you were offered two other choices (QX80 and Escalade) within your reserved class, and that is all that was required of the staff at both the SNA and LAX locations. There's no obligation for them to give you any particular vehicle. If reserving an exact car is important to you, you should try Hertz next time, which does offer a "guarantee this exact car" reservation.

And please don't tell me you typed this

with a straight face - if the person in charge of a business tells you something, is it your usual practice to go to the lower level employee to get a different answer?
My post stated the manager tried to charge me an upgrade fee for taking the Lincoln Navigator. It had nothing to do with me not being offered the Navigator. He said I CAN take the Navigator, for an upgrade fee. I never once said I was not offered the Navigator. If he wanted to keep it local, he should not have offered it to me. Again, I will assume that he had forgotten that I mentioned I had a Lux SUV reservation when he said of the upgrade fee. People do make mistakes, including management.

And no, I went to the desk agent because I already know the correct answer, not for the agent to override the manager decision. I *know* I cannot be charged an upgrade fee for taking a car in my reserved class.

My original post was meant to share that I was given the RR Sport off the Premier lot, without asking for that particular vehicle, using my free days cert. I did not make a big deal about what the manager had said beside a one liner stating of what was said.