FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Any Austin (AUS)-based former AA EP switch to Delta?
Old Jul 9, 2018, 2:33 pm
hts

Programs: AA EP, USAir Chairman, MR Lifetime Plat
Any Austin (AUS)-based former AA EP switch to Delta?

I live in Austin and I'm AA EP (and formerly USAir Chairmans when we lived in Phx and before that UA 1K when we lived in Nova).

In any event, I'm not a huge fan of AA, but really don't see a better alternative worth switching to. I'm not sure if I'ever flown Delta before.

And then I read the recent article about Delta reconfiguring its 777 fleet and thought--now there's an airline that appears to put its clients before its bottom line--how refreshing.

So I'm just wondering if any current Austin-based former AA EP's who have made the transition to Delta (I assume I could qualify for a status match) could share their experiences with me, especially with Delta opening up a club in ATX next spring (that alone would save me $450 as I can no longer expense club fees). Is the in-flight experience any different than AA's? How about mileage redemptions?

100% of my business travel is domestic (so living in ATX now I get there on segments, not miles unfortunately) and 100% of my mileage redemptions are international (usually Europe). I'm such a lowly EP that I probably only get upgraded to FC approx. 50% of the time (I'm often #15-#20 on the upgrade standby list), so the service in coach service is equally, if not more, important to me than FC since that's where I spend at least 1/2 my time these days.