FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "Comment/Complaint" Lack of Response?
View Single Post
Old Jul 9, 2018, 2:32 pm
DCP2016
Suspended

Programs: Rapid Rewards, AAdvantage, SkyMiles
Originally Posted by Qwkynuf
I sent in a complaint on July 1, asking them to cover the cost of a hotel room, an Uber from the airport to that hotel, and an extra day of long term parking, due to a maintenance delay which caused me to miss my connection in SLC to the last flight home that night (~$155 - I'm a cheap date!). I received a call at work on the afternoon of the 5th, which I ignored because I was tied up at that moment. A few minutes later they called on my personal cell phone, which I also ignored. Shortly after that I received an email - apologizing for the original problem and apologizing for not being able to reach me by phone. They said that they were giving me 10k points for the inconvenience and mailing me a check for $205, to cover the $155 that I requested, plus an extra $50 to cover any additional meals that I might have had to buy but forgot to mention in my original message.

I thought the response was unnecessarily generous, but you reach a point where the best course is just to say "thank you" and move on.
What status do you have? If it was a regular no status passenger I can see the response going like this, "Ha, HAHA! Oh wait, you were serious. No. Here's 500 SkyMiles. We hope you fly with us soon".