FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ask the staffer
Thread: Ask the staffer
View Single Post
Old Jul 9, 2018, 2:17 pm
zafiragirl

Programs: Silver, JJC (circa 1980)
Hoping the pick the brains of current crew members please!

My 18 year old daughter applied to join MF Crew online last night, following a chance encounter with a BA recruitment manager at her workplace over the weekend. She was pleasantly surprised to receive an email invitation today to attend an Assessment Day at Waterside later in the month.

The potential difficulty lies in the fact that we live in Glasgow, and whilst she wouldn't mind commuting, we have no idea what that might entail in terms of cost. I can't see any Avios reward availability for the Assessment Day, and the cheapest return fare is currently £211. I'm happy to help her get to London for the interview stage, I'd just like some idea of what the ongoing cost is likely to be (and if there's any assistance to be had from the company). With the MF starting salary at less than £14k, commuting seems as if it might be marginally more financially viable than trying to find a safe place for her to stay near to Heathrow.

I don't want to rain on her parade, but I wonder if commuting from Glasgow is do-able?! Opinions please?