FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort & Spa {SYC}
Old Jul 9, 2018, 2:06 pm
Brighterside

Programs: BA GOLD
[QUOTE=bladel;29954107]Boat Transfer from Bel Ombre - Anticipating a Long Wait - Anyone have this issue? Advice Requested:
Hi,
My wife and I are staying at Hilton Labriz beginning next week. We arrive to Mahe via Qatar Airways around 8:30 A.M. local time. I contacted the resort and they advised it is unlikely we will get to the Bel Ombre Jetty in time for the 9:30 A.M. boat. I know the next boat is at 3:45 P.M. That means about seven hours waiting for the afternoon boat. Has anyone else encountered a wait like this upon arrival in Mahe and, if so, what do you do to kill the time when you have all your luggage with you?

I'm hoping the flight arrives closer to 8:00 A.M. and potentially make the morning boat. (looks like anywhere between 8:05 and 8:30 is typical per FlightAware). We're in business class so we'll be able to get off the plane quickly, but if we don't then I'm stuck at Bel Ombre Jetty for more than half the day with my wife and bags to look after. Obviously, this is not ideal, so I figured it couldn't hurt to ask if anyone has had a similar experience and, if so, what advice do you have. Thank you

You may be lucky and have a short immigration queue - it really depends on the arrival time of other international flights. Baggage collection is chaotic with just one small belt. but if our experience is anything to go by after arriving late on a BA flight your driver could well be waiting for you and drive quickly to the jetty. If you have time go to duty free and but a bottle of Tamaka Rum at around SEZ275 a litre it is worth it - Hilton bar/restaurant prices are exhorbitant and it is nice to have an alternative for an afternoon drink. The Hilton Labriz jetty arrival area is pleasant for a short stay but not a few hours - also depending on the winds the ferry transfer can be quite pleasant or really rather rough so be prepared.