FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Using Delta Global Upgrade (GUC) with KLM Consolidated
Old Jul 9, 2018, 1:52 pm
uitailgater

Originally Posted by flyerCO
Sholud only need to show Z for the CPT-AMS as the others are already upgraded. I'm curious of that might be also causing a problem. Agent is looking for upgrade space on all the flights although they've already been upgraded. The final issue is if the agent is looking for OY on the KLM flight number instead of Z.
Ok that's what I thought.

I had a long discussion on Twitter and requested they specifically check the whole route, both as KL/DL/DL flight numbers, and as KL/KL/KL flight numbers. In the second case with all KLM flight numbers, they can see Z availability on the AMS-DTW flight operated by DL, but still nothing on CPT-AMS, even though that flight shows Z9 in EF.

And another wrinkle now they noted is that the CPT-AMS flight is already in my ticket with the KLM flight number, rather than the DL code-share I purchased. I guess this got changed when they upgraded the outbound flights. So now they say it's not upgrade-eligible since it's a KLM-coded flight not booked in Y/B/M, and they seem unable to move it back to the DL flight number. Hopefully if/when Z space appears that they can see, they can find someone to override the rule, since I purchased it initially as the DL code-share.