FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Luxury SUV reservation
View Single Post
Old Jul 9, 2018, 9:22 am
aSiAnRiCk

Programs: Cruise addict and AirBNB Plat :)
I posted this in the "Cars in LAX" thread but since it's related to Luxury SUV reservation, I'll post it here as well.

Had a Lux SUV reservation for SNA. They only had QX80 so we picked up an Audi A4 with 5K miles instead, with the intention of swapping it once we got to LAX to pick up a friend. Pulled into LAX location and told the lot attendant of our intention and was sent to the desk. At first, the desk at the agent was not friendly at all and told us the only option is either the QX80 or Escalade. When I said neither, he said take it or leave it. Then he said go check out the Executive Aisle. I walked out and saw the usual choices. I passed by the Premier section and saw a Range Rover Sport HSE and a Mazda Miata! I asked how much for the RR and the lot attendant said $80/day for EE. I spotted a Benz C300 way far in the "storage" lot by the exit booth. I started walking to it when the station manager approached me wondering what I'm doing. I told him I'm exchanging and he said I can't take the Benz unless I'm going to return it in LAX. On my way back in, I spotted the new Navigator. I asked the same manager if I can take instead and he said yes, for an upgrade fee. I know this wasn't true so I went back to the desk and gave the desk agent the license plate number of the Navigator. He walked outside "to look for the car", returned and said he couldn't find it and that "someone may have taken it". Mind you no other customer has gone to the lot since then. Then he said I can go ahead and take the Range Rover Sport for no charge.

Very nice SUV indeed, nice drive from LAX down to San Diego and back to Orange County. At first I thought it had 18K miles but noticed it's in Km's. Even when I returned the SUV in SNA, the lot attendant was confused at first, I took out my phone and showed her the miles to km's conversion and she was good with that. At first I thought the SUV had very good gas mileage considering I only used half a tank with all of that driving until it costs me $80 to fill up the half tank. Yikes! But a good ride for $8 bucks for the two days, thanks to my Free Days cert.