FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort & Spa {SYC}
Old Jul 9, 2018, 8:32 am
bladel

Programs: Marriott Platinum Premier, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, MileagePlus Gold
Boat Transfer from Bel Ombre - Anticipating a Long Wait - Anyone have this issue? Advice Requested:
Hi,
My wife and I are staying at Hilton Labriz beginning next week. We arrive to Mahe via Qatar Airways around 8:30 A.M. local time. I contacted the resort and they advised it is unlikely we will get to the Bel Ombre Jetty in time for the 9:30 A.M. boat. I know the next boat is at 3:45 P.M. That means about seven hours waiting for the afternoon boat. Has anyone else encountered a wait like this upon arrival in Mahe and, if so, what do you do to kill the time when you have all your luggage with you?

I'm hoping the flight arrives closer to 8:00 A.M. and potentially make the morning boat. (looks like anywhere between 8:05 and 8:30 is typical per FlightAware). We're in business class so we'll be able to get off the plane quickly, but if we don't then I'm stuck at Bel Ombre Jetty for more than half the day with my wife and bags to look after. Obviously, this is not ideal, so I figured it couldn't hurt to ask if anyone has had a similar experience and, if so, what advice do you have. Thank you!