FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - US/Canadian Issued APEC Business Travel Card (ABTC): Updates, Experiences, Q&A
Old Jul 9, 2018, 4:53 am
Always Flyin

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by tide
As others have mentioned here, DMK continues to be a problem for US ABTC. I've had success here in the past though.

Flew into DMK. Immigration officer (2 of them) denied me the use of line saying I needed a specific endorsement for Thailand. I had time and there was no one in line I was holding up (and regular lines were also short) so I asked for a supervisor. He came around and concurred with denial. At this point, another immigration officer came by (for a total of 4) and all concurred.

I asked the supervisor politely why this wasn't an issue at BKK and he said that (paraphrased) "BKK is BKK, this is DMK". My guess is, given the airlines that serve DMK, they do not see a lot of US ABTCs.

In the end, as a "one-time exception" they let me through. In the future, if regular lines are short, I will use the regular lines instead at DMK.
I went through DMK last week. Not only was my ABTC accepted without question, they stamped me in for 90-days.

No, I do not have another visa. My Non-Imm B expired months ago.