FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Farewell Fairmont President's Club
View Single Post
Old Jul 9, 2018, 3:16 am
Guava
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by makfan
My favorite loyalty memory had nothing to do with the program per se, but one time when Vancouver had a series of snow storms and I spent an entire day having my flights to SFO cancelled, I called the Airport Fairmont and they somehow got me into a room. I don't know who got bumped, but I was incredibly loyal after that.

I also appreciate the cards with the little welcome amenities. Yeah, the amenity itself has steadily shrunk over the years, but I liked being welcomed back or welcomed for the first time at a new property. I've stayed at a huge percentage of the North American properties.

Between this and the Starwood / Marriott merger, I've spent 20 years accumulating status and will be falling back in both programs. I'll never be able to make the new Accor platinum level nor the combined SPG/Marriott platinum level. The new lifetime gold level in SPG/Marriott only includes 2 pm late checkout. I guess I can kiss the 4 pm late checkout goodbye once my rollover status expires. Might as well start booking on price and location.
Accor allows you to achieve status by spending, which can in fact makes it easier to requalify for top status than under FPC. The way they count spending tends to favor FPC members who spend given that most incidentals such as dinning do count towards that spending total.