FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - W Amman, Jordan [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Jul 9, 2018, 2:57 am
khabah

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Had two stays here in April and June. Feedback on the last stay:
  • Jordan isn't going through the best of times right now so the hotel's occupancy is very low.
  • Plat recognition is good - pre-upgraded from a Wonderful Room to a W Suite.
  • W Suite has an open layout with floor-to-ceiling corner windows all around. Space-age all-white theme with lots of curvy walls, ceilings and furniture. Separate sitting area, rotating TV that can face the bed/couch. Bathroom and WC are separate, bathing area has a tub and large shower space. Full-sized Bliss amenities.
  • Gripe: the bathroom windows are tucked behind the tub/vanity area so reaching behind to manually roll down the blinds is a bit of a pain, but the only way to get the room to be dark.
  • Wi-fi is very fast. Hotel participates in Make a Green Choice. Points OR breakfast.
  • Breakfast is great - big spread with lots of options including cook-to-order eggs. There's also a mimosa and bloody Mary station - free!
  • There's supposed to be a WIP Lounge in the same vein as those in Guangzhou and Doha offering breakfast/evening drinks for guests above a certain room category/Plats, but it's not ready yet. No news on when it will be open.
  • Pool is nice for lounging and doing laps. Just beware walking barefoot as it can get slippery and the floors absorb sunlight, so it gets super hot.
  • Service is great - staff consists of young Jordanians who are very eager to be a part of the W brand and embedding it into Amman.
  • Immediate locale of the newly-built Abdali development consists of vacant office/condo buildings, but there's a big mall at the end of the street as well as an open pedestrian area with cafés and fountains. Very popular with locals and the visiting crowd from the Persian Gulf.

All in all, a great hotel. I value a lounge so I split my stays between here and the older but well-run Sheraton, but will be happy to jump full-time to the W once the WIP Lounge is up and running.

khabah