FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Accident in GF
Thread: Accident in GF
View Single Post
Old Jul 8, 2018, 7:58 pm
scubaccr

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by HilFly
According to the lounge staff, accidents of this kind have happened at this location in the past and nothing has been done to fix the problem. Sometimes it takes a hefty lawsuit to focus a company's attention on an issue.
The Parents and most FTers have it right, concentrate on comforting their poor kid and getting fast remedial + medical treatment. I really wish that either the USA type no-fault ambulance chasing legal schemes had never been enabled in the UK, or instead limited to a subset of small areas where joe public was unable to get fair legal treatment.

Regards fault and legal claims for compo, against any of following being fully/partially at fault/liable, ie BA , Food Contractors, Kid, Parents for lack of supervision, then unless captured on cctv (doubtful) or have independent winesses, we are in he said/they said game, for all we know the child could have walked into the caterer and not the other way around.

I for one would not allow a young child to wander round the hot-food self-serve area and would expect to fetch for kids I was supervising in lounges etc, though all kids like to be independent and choose for themselves, in which case I'd accompany a young child and carry any hot food chosen back myself.
The difference between lounges & restaurant is the number of people , not just staff but guests, walking to+fro carrying hot food+drinks, and for a small child an accident waiting to happen, either child on the receiving end as in this case, or the child dumping their hot f+b stuff on another guest.