Old Jul 7, 18, 8:23 pm
Jasper2009
Moderator: Le Club Accorhotels, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by AlwaysFlyStar View Post
No no. Don't get me wrong. I am not claiming they aren't. My comment was merely in response to the comment that it is the standard practice in North America. So my comment was that it is standard practice for Hilton/Marriott, but not at RC, and as I presume they are competing with RC rather than Hilton/Marriott, I am less accepting of the argument that it is standard practice.
That's a fair point. Per my post above, I'd rank Fairmont Gold somewhere inbetween - much better than the club lounges at most NA hotels, but not quite as good as RC Club lounges (at least on average).

FWIW, the honour bars inside Fairmont Gold lounges are true "honour bars", not the "grumpy bartender guarding the bar" setup you'll find in some other club lounges.

I'd also say that RC Club rooms tend to be more expensive on average than Fairmont Gold rooms. But I agree that offering complimentary drinks in all Fairmont Gold lounges (not just outside NA) wouldn't be that far-fetched, and a change I'd personally be in favour of.