FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Michelin Restaurants" thread
Old Jul 7, 2018, 8:30 am
United747

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by CappuccinoAddict
I really don't think losing the third star had anything to do with service. I understand that it's difficult not to subconsciously factor that in but I do give the Michelin inspectors credit enough to parse out service versus food!

I also wanted to chime in that I had a marvelous meal at 3-starred Maaemo in Oslo. Probably one of my top 3 meals ever, and this was my 18th 3-star restaurant. The signature dish of oyster crème with dill emulsion and caviar might be the best thing I've ever eaten. I also loved the sour cream with reindeer heart; chicken skin tartlet with mahogany clam, truffle seaweed, and celeriac; and crab dumplings (with leek as the dumpling) with a leek and scallop roe sauce! Wine pairings were wonderful, as well, including a 2004 Volnay 1er Cru.
I get it that Michelin says that service doesn’t play into their ratings. But I don’t really believe that! And I’ve thought that Daniel and Jean-Georges were the two weakest NYC 3*, mainly based on their service.