Old Jul 7, 18, 2:00 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by DrCordell View Post
I've tried on Chrome/Firefox and Edge. I happen to be looking to book LGA-ORD but have also put JFK-LHR and JFK-BCN in just for giggles and received the same error message. BA should be embarrassed.
OK, I've just tried all of the above and got some good options on the international services, but not on the domestic one. Now I'm going to assume you wish to travel on 15 October 2018.

LGA-ORD
This didn't go well, even though AA.com reports at least 12 options from LGA as well as JFK and Westchester. Every variation of LGA/JFK/NYC/HPN that I tried failed to come up with anything other than the error.

JFK-LHR
Second attempt: 13 options, 9 on BA, 4 on AA, all direct services, all with economy options, 6 with WTP/PE options, 4 with Club World (none for AA business).

JFK-BCN
First attempt, 12 options, including the direct AA flight, 4 Iberia options and 7 BA options, covering cabins from economy to business.

What appears to be happening, at least this is my hunch, is that the system is generally working, but it times out more often than it should - and heavy workload on BA.com increases the chance of that. If it is a purely AA domestic sector it is either not working at all or as good as not working at all. I'm using the system at 08:30 BST on a sunny Saturday morning, consequently BA.com is almost zipping along. The tactics remain valid: check on AA.com for MileSAAver awards, or Iberia, try BA a few times, then ring up. If it's MilesAAver valid then it really should work for BA staff to use, though there are occasional reports of contact centre staff seeing availability themselves but for some reason unable to book it. Expertflyer can also assist. And of course the BA forum here on Flyertalk does its best to help other community members, though it really helps if people can be totally specific as to precisely for what they are searching.

In summary, if it's purely AA domestic you are looking for, check on AA.com then call up until they get it fixed. Anything else - keep trying.