FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "Good Deals" in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2018
Old Jul 7, 2018, 12:01 am
drvannostren

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
I finally can contribute to this thread! I've never really stumbled across a deal like this, but I did this time and it's def worth posting.

YVR-BKK return on KL/AF (depends on the dates) I found as low as $496 CAD (Oct 23 return Oct 30) it's V fare so it only credits 25% to most programs but I still plot that out as 9.4cpm, but more than anything you'll just never get a price like this from YVR. China Eastern usually has the best prices but it's surprising to see anything under $600 CAD and even then anything under $700-800 would be considered a deal.

I also found $526 Oct 27 return Nov 4 this one is KL one way AF the other.

Biggest concern other than the mileage is the return requires either an overnight in AMS or CDG which, if you're gonna get a hotel like I recently did on another trip is gonna be at least $80-90 CAD. Still a good deal though. I suppose my one other minor beef is it's double red-eye flying eastward instead of westward, but YVR-BKK is far either way

Word to the wise, don't take the exit row on KL 777, I flew KUL-CGK and moved to that seat due to a dreadful seatmate at my other spot. You're supposed to pay for exit row but it's awful, even the FA who was a little hippy (not hippie) said she can't fit comfortably in the seats either. They are truly terrible, glad mine was free and only a 1:30 flight!

Best guess is there are other dates, but these are the two I stumbled across.

Hope someone takes advantage of this deal I MIGHT, but I'll probably end up on star alliance since the miles are more applicable to me there.

EDIT 2:30 mins later, either this was an ITA glitch, or a sale was over at 0000 PST, cuz this seems to now be unattainable.

Last edited by drvannostren; Jul 7, 2018 at 2:27 am