FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SPG Best Rate Guarantee (BRG) 2018: Success, failure & discussion thread
Old Jul 6, 2018, 9:29 pm
fwb

Programs: CX Green, A3 *G, HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat
BRG team play dumb on last 3 claims, how to file complaint?

Recently BRG team consistently play dumb on claims and deny the claims with stupid reasons or use such reasons to cause significant delay in order for them to buy time and let the third party rates disappear.

1st claim: W Los Angeles
Booked a Mega Suite, got denied because the rate of Standard Room on SPG.com is cheaper than third party.

2nd claim: Palace SFO
Filed for prepaid rate, got denied because flexible rate on SPG is cheaper than third party.

3rd claim: Le Meridien Seoul. First time handled by Chinese BRG team
Booked flexible rate with breakfast. First reply took more than 24 hrs and denied because they couldn't locate flexible rate w/o breakfast on hotelscombine.com. Wrong rate and I don't think there was no flexible rate there. Replied them a few min later with screen shot, they offered 500 points w/o discussion. I made the reservation through hotelscombine as an evidence and sent them, then call SPG immediately, customer service guy discussed with BRG team directly and told me they received my mail and processing, but no reply until next day (48 hrs since I filed the claim) and told me the rate is gone. They said they contacted the hotel during the process, not sure whether they worked with hotel to remove the rate.

I think that's not acceptable. Any suggestions on how to file a complaint on them?

Last edited by fwb; Jul 6, 2018 at 9:36 pm