FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA cards: All (Platinum, Gold, Executive; Business) 2018
Old Jul 6, 2018, 9:13 pm
sdsearch
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rocky_nnc
My Platinum Select® World showed up annual fee last week, upon call discovered there is no option to downgrade it to no annual fee card.
My best option is to close it ?
I do not think i even have a product change option as its a business card.
Huh? The business card is called CitiBusiness AAdvanatge Platinum Select World card. There's a personal card called AAdvantage Platinum Select World (same name with "CitiBusiness" left off). You may be getting wrong responses if you have the CitiBussines card rather than the personal card! The responses I've read to your post took the name you gave, and assumed it was a personal card, and seem to have missed the thing you threw in at end suggesting it might be business card. (And you never mentioned it was a business card in follow-up posts, like your question about whether you can apply for another while having one open, which has a totally different answer for business cards than for personal cards.)

Most people can't get a second business card while having the first one open. That only works reliably for personal cards. So that's why it s very important that you identify which card you have clearly, so that you get the right responses.

I know of no bank where you can product change a business card to a personal card. And Citi has very few business cards. They do have a no-AF Thank You Points business card, but that one you can only apply for at a Citi bank branch, not over the phone or online, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's not available as a product change option.

So I don't know why you waited a year to try to figure this out. The best time to cancel a Citi AA business card is right after you bonus posts. There's no point in hanging onto it any longer that for most people. But a year after you got it, it's too late to find that out. And a year after you got it, it's too late to realize that it's very hard, if not impossible, to product change a business card at a bank which has so few business cards.

Last edited by sdsearch; Jul 6, 2018 at 9:21 pm