FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Asia Miles Changes effective 22 June 2018
Old Jul 6, 2018, 7:59 pm
jd20

Thumbs down

I pulled the numbers I had on CX award availability, both before and after the new site rollout. Unfortunately, it's mostly bad news. I don't know how to insert a table here, so a screenshot will have to do:

First, a note on how this was calculated: I had award inventory for CX F for 5/10/2018 - 12/31/2018, collected on 5/6. CX shows business award availability for flights with no F cabin, so the C (business) awards are for those flights only (there could be more C awards if I'd searched specifically for business). The "After" data was collected mostly on 6/27, for dates of 7/1/2018 - 12/31/2018. So there's about a 6 month overlap (7/1 - 12/31) which is what's being reported in the table above. To keep things simple, I'm ignoring quantity (so whether there's 1 or 2 First Saver awards available on one flight, it's counted as just 1).

I didn't look at Econ / Prem. Econ, because I don't have that data. Maybe their claim of 20% more econ awards is true, beats me. I really only pay attention to FS+ and CS+, and both of those are down significantly