FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lagos day trips
Thread: Lagos day trips
View Single Post
Old Jul 6, 2018, 4:09 pm
shefgab

Programs: BAEC
Lagos day trips

Next week I have a business trip to Lagos, but will have a full free day before my evening flight home.

I could stay in the hotel, but i'm fairly adventurous, so was hoping to explore a bit. I know Lagos isn't the quintessential tourist destination, so I need some advice:

- Where to go for the day? In town there doesn't seem to be a lot to see. Badagry Town looks interesting, but it's quite a distance from Lagos. The Lekki Conservation Centre also looks interesting, but again is a bit of a journey. I'm staying in a hotel up near the airport. Any good beach clubs?

- How to get around. I'm a little worried about security, and so i'm interested in hiring a driver with a car (and security guard?). I can't find much information on cars and drivers online....can anyone point me in the right direction (feel free to send me a message).

- Traffic. I understand that in the last few years the traffic in Lagos has improved - are the Google Map timings to be believed, or should I had a few hours onto every journey?

Thanks for any advice