FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SPG Super Plat....Marriot Plat is awful......
Old Jul 6, 2018, 3:37 pm
RogerD408
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by NYCtraveler
To answer questions, I could have booked several junior suites before I arrived, or even Corner rooms.....but alas, They were already allocated when I arrived. Regarding the Hyatt, its a typo from typing from a telephone too quickly, my total SPG nights since inception is approaching 2200. I am still deciding on Amsterdam......I miss the Pulitzer!

Anyway, I look forward to seeing how things shake up in August. And the "Super-Plat" designation is not mine, it was a very nice check in girl who called me that when she saw my stay #'s etc....Very funny.

Cheers All! Thanks,
Being able to book a JR Suite does not mean they were available. Many properties have data telling them X number of guests will not show up or cancel at the last minute, yes, even for suites. So the property will offer more rooms for sell hoping these numbers are right and they will get closer to full occupancy and maximizing their revenue. Even if more people show up, the revenue should more than cover the cost of walking a guest. However, if they are oversold, upgrades will be very rare. That being said, I also take exception to having the rooms "allocated". The T&Cs call for upgrades based upon availability upon arrival. So technically, if they have upgraded someone prior to their arrival and you get there before them, their room should be available. No, I wouldn't want to lose out on an upgrade this way, but if you read the rules...

MR and SPG are very different when it comes to upgrades, and I agree SPG is much better in my experience. I'm guessing the first few months it will be business as usual while MPG works to standardize the business models the properties use.