FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta buddy pass etiquette?
View Single Post
Old Jul 6, 2018, 12:34 pm
gooselee
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by Minny_COYS
I/my partner have never given out a buddy pass without a full vetting process, including we have to actually know you...
+1. Every DL employee I know is extremely hesitant to issue buddy passes at all. Most of them will instead offer to just help their friends/family find more affordable fares/creative routings/etc. for their confirmed ticket.

Even for themselves, they plan ahead and know not to rely on it. I know a guy who works at DL HQ and so nonrevs on his own priority and he will fully admit that one of every 5 or 6 trips out of the country he has to buy a ticket for at least part of his journey home. He just enjoys the adventure part of it and it's almost like a game to figure out what random place he can end up in for a weekend.

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
If you're given a middle seat or a seat that doesn't recline or have a functioning AVOD system, take it without complaint.
Also if you get a seat that works, don't be surprised if you're asked to move to a broken one so that a revenue passenger can take yours.