FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - WoH Credit card! [Launched 2018] (Chase)
View Single Post
Old Jul 6, 2018, 7:57 am
FleyeSkyHigh

I had an interesting communication with Chase (in writing via SM) regarding the new rule on this WoH card:

The product is not available to either (i) current Cardmembers of any Hyatt Credit Card, or (ii) previous Cardmembers of any Hyatt Credit Card who received a new Cardmember bonus within the last 24 months.

I signed up for the previous Chase Hyatt VISA card back in early Jan of 2017. At the time I signed up there the bonus was for 2 Free Night Certificates after spending $2,000 in a three month period. In addition, there was an additional bonus of 5000 Hyatt points for adding an Authorized user and making a single purchase.

Upon receiving the card I immediately made the first purchase triggering the 5000 point AU bonus. I received that bonus on my Feb 26th statement.

Then it took me until early March to reach the $2,000 spend requirement and I did not receive the 2 Free Night certs until April.

So what's interesting is that when I SM'd chase asking for clarification as to when I would be eligible for the bonus us they said I wouldn't be eligible until after Feb 26th, 2019. They seemed to either not count or miss the fact that I received an additional bonus a couple months later with the free weekend nights. So it could just be a mistake or oversight by the rep or perhaps Chase can is counting bonus point (as free night certificates don't show up on the statements) yet the language in there WoH card T&Cs is clear and not specific to just points.

The reason I share this is that for people that may not have received the 5000 AU points perhaps Chase would not enforce the 24 month rule that precludes them from the bonus points on this new WoH card if they received just the Free Night certs from the other card in the past 24 months.

Here is the exact text from the SM (note, I did have to send multiple queries to finally get them to answer the question...but that is typical in my experience):

Hello ________,

I will be happy to assist you with your inquiry about the
signup bonus for the Hyatt Credit card.

_______, I apologize for the previous responses not
addressing your concern.

I would like to share that the World of Hyatt card signup
bonus is not available to either (i) current Cardmembers
of any Hyatt Credit Card, or (ii) previous Cardmembers of
any Hyatt Credit Card who received a new Cardmember bonus
within the last 24 months.

Matthew, I see that you have received a signup bonus of
5,000 points to add the first authorized user on your