FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SPG Best Rate Guarantee (BRG) 2018: Success, failure & discussion thread
Old Jul 6, 2018, 12:19 am
UKTraveller4Fun

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
Originally Posted by PointWeasel
Ambassadors have zero pull with the BRG Desk. I learned this years ago.

As has been stated in this thread repeatedly, try submitting a BRG claim with Hilton or Hyatt. Starwood and Marriott are better even with all of the recent issues.
Didnt actually used to be the case, BRG would interact with Ambassadors. That was however when Starwoods idea of the Ambassador program was to take the stress out of travelling and offer a proper service where your Ambassador was truely useful!

As for other claims have to say recently I have found Hilton far more straight forward than the new SPG one! I can survive Marriott's LNF to be fair as it so far seems to have rules and follow them! BRG on the other hand well it seems to be most claims either come back incorrectly processed or the form they send me back has typo's on and the typo is usually the rate so quite a big deal!

Not actually sure if its down to Marriott or continuing a trend from before then but SPG with Ambassador Status and BRG is essentially inconsistent and no idea what a loyalty program should be, which is a shame as it certainly was the best! Before people jump at me and say if you don't like it move I already have. Last night at Starwood was over 2 months ago and would have been 25-30 nights in that time otehrwise! I have decided to stay at Starwood hotels where I know the management but otherwise discovering that actually Hilton is consistent for Diamond benifits when I need a quick room somewgere but otherwise some of the other groups (smaller yes) offer far greater recognition and actually remind me of SPG 5-8 years ago. To say it is refreshing would be an understatement!