FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SPG Best Rate Guarantee (BRG) 2018: Success, failure & discussion thread
Old Jul 6, 2018, 12:04 am
estnet

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
Tried a BRG and was again rejected for no apparent reason. Like last time, I say very clearly where to look on what site, but somehow the SPG people can never see the rate. I've even checked it's not a localisation issue by using a VPN and checking that it is plainly there.

My Ambassador came back to say that his hands were tied despite me sending in a screenshot of the rates and implicitly agreed with my statement that either SPG was knowingly not adhering to its own policy on BRG for no apparent reason or held the view that I might be trying to scam them with a photoshopped picture. This is the kind of thing which massively impacts my loyalty to Starwood which in almost all other cases has been very thoughtful about living up to its stated service offering or making it right when things go wrong. It was only worth €200 to me which is not a lot in a €50K or so annual spend, but it has created a disproportionate annoyance to me which as a businessman myself I would consider ill-advised.

As I've previously done with BA, if I find a (legal) way to either get €200 back from SPG another way or simply see Starwood face those costs then I will make it happen.
Wouldn't it just be easier to switch your business to another company and then send Starwood/Marriott proof of their lost business and why?