FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FC Worries
Thread: FC Worries
View Single Post
Old Jul 9, 2004, 6:42 pm
Flying_Duck

Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, DL DM since inception, 3+ MM, HH Gold, SPG-Gold
Programs: DL, UA, AA, HH, SPG, HH, Hertz, Avis
Originally Posted by sactoflyer
an upcoming trip from SMF to JAX via ATL will be on DL in the front cabin. Has it really gotten so bad that I should consider having my local deli pack food for the two of us? All I see are stories of gloom and 5 hours with peanuts and water.
Well, hopefully you are not in front of the early morning shuttle flight (1656) - but even then, there will be food for sale!.

The two other flights with a FC have either lunch or snack, if judging from what is written in these threads (and based on my own experience) it is really a hit-and-miss as to the quality of the food. Sometimes I run into a really good and tasty hot salmon sandwich - or a traditional sandwich, or even a hot steak sandwhich for lunch or snack. Other times it is the the Ris(k)otto or pasta-chicken wallup, each of which, if you are hungry, for sure is filling (!) and usually hot enough to kill most of what lived in them helping them to become mush, but IMHO necessitating a lot of white-wine in order to get rid of the last surviving critters and to break up the glob!!

So it comes down to whether you feel lucky that day - as if so, you are fine, if not, you better bring some food with you as backup.