FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - L1 Visa Holders Use of Global Entry Kiosks
Old Jul 5, 2018, 9:07 pm
matt85

Originally Posted by matt85
I'm indeed on an L1. That thread sounds promising, exactly what I was looking for, thank you! I'm wondering if my manual processing with written customs form at the GE agent stations (LAX) counts now as the initial "regular" attempt, so next time I should attempt using the kiosk again.

Very interesting that some folks recommend to scan the bio page and not the visa. At the interview I was explicitly told that this usually doesn't work and I should use the visa page. And, when I tried it recognized all the visa information so it definitely at least supports visa data. Except that fatal error afterwards of course.
In case it helps anybody with a similar issue, here's my follow-up how it played out. As mentioned, I had been activated for GE, but using the GE kiosk failed at LAX and I had to go the manual line.
Yesterday I again arrived internationally (RDU) and tried my second time with the GE kiosk. Scanned passport page, was prompted which visa to use for entry, and it worked! Definitely don't sweat it if the first time on L visa fails, seems to be a "normal" hiccup.