FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Car Rental at MUC
View Single Post
Old Jul 5, 2018, 4:43 pm
NWplatinum

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Car Rental at MUC

I would like to rent a car in Munich because it’s only $76 as oppose to $80 for our train ride. I also wanna have a car so I don’t bother our host and asking him to have to constantly borrow his car to go places.

But I’ve been reading reviews and hearing not such good things about certain merchants. For example I found a very good deal with Dollar Rent-A-Car at MUC, and also with Alamo. But the reviews I have found have said that once customers have gotten to the counters, they were forced to buy CDW and other add-ons before the merchant would let them rent the car, which ended up costing them €400 extra. I do not need coverage as my credit card covers rental car collision damage. But I was told the merchants will not except this answer and will force you to buy CDW.
Another concern I have is all the cars to rent say they are manual and I cannot drive a manual. Does anyone have experience renting from Dollar and Alamo and could share what their experience was like?

PS for the purposes of my credit cards and my drivers license as well as my passport I’m an American citizen with American Bank credit cards.