FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Domes Noruz Chania, Autograph Collection - Chania, Greece [Master Thread]
Old Jul 5, 2018, 12:01 pm
ryan182

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
I just completed a stay at Domes Noruz, really enjoyed it - more so than my last stay in Crete where I was at the Blue Place on the other-side of the island particularly because it was so much smaller and peaceful. I had booked an award stay for an Upbeat Retreat Pool View (lowest category room), I arranged a transfer from the airpot (45EUR) and there was a driver waiting in arrivals. The checkin process was done seated in the lobby area by the bar (that while its clearly a bar with bottles and a menu seems to not function as an actual bar) and was very thorough, I was upgraded to a Wellness Loft overlooking the main pool with a sea view and they then walked me through the property and room describing everything, offered recommendations for dinner and activities. I thought the elite recognition was excellent (I am Platinum via SPG) and they offered free breakfast even though as a resort I guess they aren't required to do so and they also had no problem granting my 4PM late checkout request in addition every member of the staff I interacted with was super nice and helpful. Breakfast was pretty good, they had much the same base ingredients each day but would mix things up in how they were prepared, they had fresh OJ and cappuccinos as well. The bar staff was excellent, I really appreciated how much smaller this resort was than the Blue Palace and the lack of kids was also nice. The beach area had dedicated lounge chairs for guests, as others pointed out there are other resorts there and kids are around but I seldom noticed them, drink service to the beach was done with a button on the umbrella which called a server to come get your order (I made great use of that button!). I only ate at their restaurant for breakfast so cannot comment lunch/dinner, getting to the old town for food was a quick 10-11EUR taxi ride and there are many good options. My only gripe was with some of the guests who would "claim" lounge chairs by the pool with a book/bag early in the day only to return hours later to use them, even though it was clearly in the rules not to do plus common sense (which is a misnomer as its rather uncommon) should tell one this is poor behavior even without an actual rule.