FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Premium Fare Gone]: Cathay J: ORD - MLE/CMB RT ~$2,600
Old Jul 5, 2018, 7:31 am
swingaling

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by MrJBoy
Ok, OK... Yes, our flight is a domestic/international connection at ORD. So it sounds there is no way to get a BP until we visit CX checking counter at Terminal 5 on the day of departure, and we need to go through security again. Is that right?
I thought there was a shuttle bus running in airside between the two terminals to make the connection easier. I hoped that was still going on, but if we need a BP to use the shuttle and there is no way to get the BP in advance, we still have to visit the CX check in counter at terminal 5...
There is a shuttle, though I've never used it myself as I've never departed T5 (only arrived). See below. Obviously, this will only work if your baggage is through-checked to your CX flight. If no checked baggage, you'll almost certainly need a BP to get airside at T5. You should be able to generate a mobile BP for yourself.

The International Terminal 5 is not connected to the domestic terminals and is accessible via the Airport Transit System (ATS)​. If you arrive on a domestic flight and must connect to an international flight, you have two options: 1.) you can take the ATS and pass through the security checkpoint in Terminal 5 or 2.) you can take a Terminal Transfer Bus (TTB) from Terminal 3 to Terminal 5 and bypass the security checkpoint in Terminal 5. The Terminal Transfer Bus service is year round with operation hours as follows: 10:00 am - 8:30 pm. If you are arrivng into the domestic terminals and need to collect your luggage (exit the security side of the airport) and recheck in T5, you will not be able to use this service.

Terminal Transfer Bus (TTB) Terminal 3 Pickup Locations
  • Gate G17
  • Gate K20
  • Gate L24