FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Anyone know what's going to happen to the MSY Sky Club?
Old Jul 4, 2018, 2:45 pm
silverthief2
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Back to UA, missing DL; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by brewdog11
The New Orleans International Airport is currently building a new terminal, which is intended to supersede the old terminal sometime in early 2019. All airlines will essentially transition to the new terminal overnight. There has been plenty of info about different airport venders. However, I've heard nothing about a new Delta Sky Club or any other lounge. Anyone know what's going to happen with the MSY Sky Club once the transition is made to the new terminal?
Originally Posted by saxman66
I saw a list somewhere that included a Delta Sky Club, United Club, and a Priority Pass lounge will be included in the new terminal. I will update as soon as I find out.

Here is an article from today which talks about the vendors and food options that will be available. Much better than what is there now. They are scheduled to do an overnight move across the runway sometime in February 2019! As a local to MSY, I'm looking forward to it. I have a feeling parking will be a challenge, and the ride to the rental car facility will not be fun.
Originally Posted by MSYtoJFKagain
While I'm happy to see the new terminals go up, I think the overnight swap to the new facility is going to be an absolute nightmare. I plan on scheduling my travel to stay out of there for at least a few months. Nothing down there works right, no reason to think this will either.
Originally Posted by ASDwxguy
As of now there will be 2 clubs in the new terminal. A Delta Skyclub and a United Club. Both will be located in or near Concourse C. The Skyclub will be 2 floors with great views of the runway. The United Club will be a ground level club. There are rumors that an independent lounge will also open over in Concourse B, but nothing confirmed as of yet.
I got a hard hat tour of the facility in April. While it's much larger and more spacious than the current terminal, I agree with concerns about the overnight transition, and traffic to reach it in general.

As for the SkyClub, there is a large post-security area before splitting into the concourses with the large multi-story windows. Not sure exactly where in that area it will be sited, but there is plenty of room.