FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: Questions for 2018 about, guide to, listing of, compensation
Old Jul 4, 2018, 2:18 pm
MikeShores

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite, AS MVP Gold 75K
Ultimately, my CRJ flight had a malfunctioning lav that pushed depature to 11:00 pm. They deferred the lav and shut off the water (rendering it inop) and we taxied to the runway. They had a caution light come on they couldn't reset and we returned to the terminal. (This flight was never affected ny weather delays...purely mechanicals) At midnight they pushed the departure to 7:45 am and AA provided a hotel (The Country Inn and Suites ->>>READ ROACH MOTEL...probably one of the most awful motels I have ever stayed in). Wasn't able to get checked in until after 3:00 am, then had time for a shower and 2 hour nap before traipsing back to O'Hare for the departure. Landed in Toledo about 10:30 am...a 17 hour delay. They sent an apology email moments after landing and credited account with 10,000 miles. Given the length of delay and incurring hotel and car rental fees (cancelled after midnight, both charged for the night) of $150 and $75 respectively, as well as a lost 1/2 day of consulting fees ($750) I think this is a fairly low compensation offer. Would I have any recourse to get this increased? Initially when I reached out to the Twitter team, they rebuffed me an said they were sorry delays due to ATC and airport congestion happen. When I (snarkily in my opinion) replied with the reasons for cancellations and delays, they simply said to wait until my trip was complete.