FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United sells tickets with hidden airport transfers...
Old Jul 4, 2018, 8:30 am
raehl311

Programs: UA 1K, CO Plat, NW Plat, Marriott Premiere Plat, SPG Plat, Priority Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by drowelf
you always need to pay attention to the origin/destination airport codes
Which screen should I be paying attention to? The first screen where I selected the itinerary that said "PHL-DCA-CLE"? Or the purchase confirmation screen that said "PHL-DCA-CLE"? Or the cabin selection screen that said, "Stop in Washington DC (DCA), change planes"?

I did pay attention, to every time the app said the ticket was PHL-DCA-CLE with a plane change in DCA.

I agree that the mobile app needs to flag this kind of routing in a manner similar to the how the full website does, in order to make it very clear to the buyer that an airport transfer is included.
It's not a matter of being not clear. On EVERY SINGLE SCREEN in the app booking process, the app says you are buying PHL-DCA-CLE with a plane change in DCA. First screen says PHL-DCA-CLE. Purcahse confirmation screen says PHL-DCA-CLE. Cabin selection screen says "Stop in Washington DC (DCA) / 3 hr 34 minute layover / change planes".

Flagging would be good. Not lying would be better.