FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Pros and Cons of UUA on A380 J-F
View Single Post
Old Jul 4, 2018, 4:35 am
Pascoe

Programs: Mucci Blue, BAEC Gold, Blockbuster Video card
Good detail there - thanks as always CWS

As it needs First redemption space, I think I am staying where I am anyway. So I'll stick with my original plan and happily do the compare and contrast.

Not worried about CCR on way out. And your points about working on the flight (which I am WAAAAY more likely to do outbound than on return) are extremely well made. And with side bin window seat with aisle access thrown in, and on the new CW service, I am really interested to see how this stacks up.

I think if for some reason I did get the magic beep, I might actually consider turning it down on this occasion as at gate time I assume it would be for an inside seat not a window. Might be a deal breaker. But I don't see it happening anyway.

The one counterpoint to your arguments that I would add however, is that I have seen a fair few instances of people excitedly 'making the most' of their J travel too. Seems to be somewhat destination dependant (DXB and to a lesser extent LAX a bit notorious from what I can see). HKG seems to be less of a destination for that sort of thing. Not seen it on JFK routings.

I guess the difference is it's slightly harder for the CC to rein it in in F than in J