FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Pros and Cons of UUA on A380 J-F
View Single Post
Old Jul 4, 2018, 3:34 am
Pascoe

Programs: Mucci Blue, BAEC Gold, Blockbuster Video card
Originally Posted by flyingmonkie
For 18k Avios I would do it immediately. I've had two F experiences (one op up, the other Avios up) and they've both been superb and noticeably more enjoyable than J. Note "enjoyable" not necessarily more comfortable or better sleep or more convenient but more enjoyable.
I think I've said this before as well but I am more likely to 'indulge' in F than J nowadays so yeah, maybe less restful.

My flight has no redemption availability for my outbound date, so while I could in theory do this (the website certainly let me click through from MMB even though it's a corporate TA booking) when it came to actually letting me upgrade it said no. BAredemptionfinder.com seems to confirm the story.

There are seats however, so I also understand that I could force the redemption using my Gold status? Is that right? Don't think I'll necessarily do that mind, as having secured 53K (to me 53AK are the best J seats on the A380) I may want to spend that bullet another time. Just curious to know if I have understood it correctly.