FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Finnair baggage on separate tickets after June 1, 2016 OW decision!?
Old Jul 4, 2018, 1:34 am
caedwa

Originally Posted by fakecd
just few days ago i had KEF-HEL-SIN on AY and SIN-HKG-TPE on CX.

at KEF ground agent helped me short-check to HEL only, so i could try my luck at HEL. (i didnt expect third party ground agent in Iceland to be able to thru check to CX so i didnt bother)... so picked up my bag, went to Platinum checkin (i was flying J on both AY ane CX and OWE) and asked if they can tag to HK. they simply asked if this is same ticket, i said No, so they refused.. i ended up clearing immigration at Sing and recheck (i knew it was coming) so instead of a 90min connection if the bags were checked thru it became a 4hr run..
Did you try a transfer counter at SIN (airside)? They will usually take your baggage tag receipts and retag your bags for you. I'm not sure how that works with CX being in T4 these days though.
That said, the SIN website now talks about needing to have "transfer facilities" included in your ticket to do this. I don't remember seeing that before. But it's always worth a shot....