FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SPECULATION: Is a Points Devaluation Coming In August?
Old Jul 3, 2018, 6:40 pm
joshua362

Programs: LTP, PP
Originally Posted by CPRich
I collected all the data - it's really not that hard to collect 4000+ data points when the company provides a web page with 4000+ data points. Copy and paste.

All data was adjusted for SPG's 3:1 - it's really not that hard either.

If you take every single property and make it Peak every single day of the year, with post-2019 categories, and assumed every single SPG Cat 5+ property would be peak 0 days of the year, the increase is <15%, still way under the claims above.

You can send your check to Make-a-Wish Foundation, which provided wonderful services to my niece.

Or you can ignore the data and find a reason to back out. Your choice.
I'll go back and see what I agreed to and gladly sent a check to MAW if I'm wrong.

Put aside all the macro data analysis aside though. I retired from 20 years of business travel and 100% Marriott 3 years ago and was left with 400,000 in points and LTP.

True story, for a year now I was planning on taking my new Greek wife to the Domes for week when our baby got just a bit older and a week at he NYC JW Essex where I had a few nice one night stays on business . Guess which 2 properties got slammed? If you are able to or want to travel to some 4000+ properties the data may make sense. My situation is screwed, as predicted.