FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Paris luxury hotels (consolidated thread)
Old Jul 3, 2018, 3:00 pm
EaglesFan0909

Originally Posted by Pierre&Cédric

No doubt it is overpriced, but it is continuously upgraded so I am quite surprised anyone would consider FSGV to be tired!

I still had a bad experience today: I had a table booked for tomorrow lunch at le Georges. They called this morning only to tell me that because of a private event during the fashion week they had to cancel my reservation. No big deal, it is only for a meal, but I was still surprised as despite my request they didn’t offer any help to book elsewhere.

Originally Posted by scented
Not exactly what we have come to expect from FSGV.
I took my girlfriend to Sonoma as a surprise and I booked us a reservation at The French Laundry. I called a week in advance to confirm that everything was still ok (We have a nut allergy). Two days prior to our reservation, they cancelled on us for a private event. I asked why, and they said American Express booked a private even that day for their cardmembers. The day of our (what was supposed to be) reservation, I hired a service to take us around for a wine tour. While sitting at a Vineyard in a cave, there was one other couple - The French Laundry cancelled on them as well. Turns out he is a specialized neurosurgeon of some sort, so I am sure he was doing ok financially. Turns out, we were both cardmembers and were able to get into the event. We joked that we'll just go check it out. Upon showing up, we laughed (It was the definition of pretentious), told the establishment how wrong we thought that was and then went to a dive bar! They offered us nothing. Just a sorry, barely. Sad part is, he flew all the way out to Napa just for The French Laundry. Needless to say, we'll never go back to one of his establishments ever again. So I completely feel your pain!