FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Platinum Status in Eight Days and $800 - No Stays Required
Old Jul 3, 2018, 10:23 am
RogerD408
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by rny321
Since some hotels are unfamiliar with the 10 nights credit, they may end up combining meetings into one posting because it is easier and in their opinion has no effect on the customer. As long as you have separate contract IDs, you should be OK booking multiple meetings in a short interval. Having gone through this with supposedly separate meetings and spending a lot of time and some extra money getting credit, if I ever tried this again, I would put some time between meetings.
Yes, the properties do not pay out the nights so they have no need to know anything about them, although it would be nice if they knew the impact of what they do have to do.
Originally Posted by jbarm
I just had points posted by a hotel I've used in the past. Event was held about two weeks ago.

Points were posted as 'Bonus' points and no nights were awarded.

Wondering if this is a sign of the end?
No, just a sign of the times we are and have been in for some time. Since the property doesn't pony up the nights (they come from MR) they don't learn anything beyond their bare minimum and what they did still meets their obligation. You need to get back with the property and request they use the Group Posting Tool so MR is alerted they need to post the nights. If they don't know anything about that, and it's very likely, then ask them to escalate the request with their MR contact or do that yourself if you can get through to someone that knows what you are talking about (many CSRs have no clue about Rewarding Events).