FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated FRA connection time/logistics-Domestic & International
Old Jul 3, 2018, 8:04 am
bariww

Programs: united
Originally Posted by sbm12
Two different types of access. A pass is valid for a single entrance to a United Club. A membership affords significantly greater access to lounges around the globe. Wholly different products.

Lounge access in *A is based on the class of service in which a passenger is departing the local airport. They are not upgraded on the FRA-FCO flight and are treated as such in the terminal.

The point about "gifted" was to draw an easy distinction as to whether the pax had their own status or not. They do not have *G (they would if the GPUs were their own) which is why I mentioned it that way. It is not that gifted upgrades are treated differently, just a means to identify pax elite status.

How long is the layover really? And what do you like to see/do? If you have more than 4ish hours a train out the Mainz and a quick walkabout can be a good way to spend the time. The Gutenberg Museum (Gutenberg-Museum Mainz: Willkommen) is pretty cool IMO. Note that the S-Bahn is under construction until 5 Aug so that makes getting out for a quick city visit harder.

Fraport also does layover tours that can be fun if you're into airport operations and the times line up. https://www.frankfurt-airport.com/en...ort-tours.html
I think the layover is 4:25. Candidly, I don't know if we'll be up for leaving the airport. Despite the lay flat seat on the TATL leg, I won't sleep much and will be wiped out. Ideally, we can access a lounge and relax. Do you know if I can I upgrade the LH FRA - FCO leg on a UA ticket using UA miles? Or buy up to business (my husbands company is booking the travel and won't allow us to do it at the time of purchase)? I'm totally uneducated on anything related to LH so any help would be appreciated.