FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The definitive guide to lounges in Houston, Texas (IAH/HOU)
Old Jul 3, 2018, 7:53 am
krazykanuck
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Update to KLM Lounge

I stopped my the KLM Lounge briefly around 8pm on Monday this week to discover a few changes since my last visit a couple years ago. The food selections are even more meager than I remember, and the alcohol is no longer self serve. The food was limited to pita, hummus, veggies, and chips and empty carbs. They have a place for a soup but there wasn't any available. The lounge wasn't too busy - not really a surprise since it's not a very busy hour at IAH in general and the lounge closes at 9.

I was chatting with the bartender and one of the managers and when I asked about the bartender change, they said the lounge had some TABC complaints lodged against it a few months back and the liquor inspector said they needed a bartender. Apparently people were overindulging in the lounge and showing up tanked at the plane, using the paper to go coffee cups to take booze out of the lounge, and also stealing unopened bottled beer and taking it with them stashed in their bags, so as a result there is now a bartender to carefully pour liquor and open beers.