FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Using Delta Global Upgrade (GUC) with KLM Consolidated
Old Jul 2, 2018, 6:55 pm
flyerCO
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by thomas22
so it gets weirder?

searching the whole route (in each direction separately) on EF I see Z0 Z4 Z9 on the way there and Z0 Z0 Z0 on the way back so it would appear based on married segment logic i should be able to upgrade the third segment on the way there. So i called Delta, and guess what NOTHING available either direction as stand alone segments or as married segments (He claims he checked both methods after I questioned it).

So the summary: EF says the one segment on the way there is available based on married segments and the one segment is available on the return as a stand alone segment. But Delta says nothing is available.

Did i waste $99 on EF?
Is it showing DL numbers for the DL flight and KL for the KL flight? Or is it showing all KL numbers?

EF is great tool. However you have to get the exact flight numbers.

Most likely though you have a clueless agent. I've had great success with GUC and KLM. In fact my GUC generally are only used on KLM flights. The biggest problem I've found is agents searching for Z on the DL flight number or searching for OY on the KLM.